Tuesday, June 1, 2010

MAY 2010 WINNER- KATE MAYFIELD

I'm very excited to announce Kate Mayfield as the winner of May's Strong Scene Contest.  Literary Agent Robert Brown chose her submission as the strongest scene, although he said he had a difficult time choosing because the writing was so strong.  Daryl Sedore's piece was a close runner-up.  Congratulations to Kate.  You can read her submission in the post below this.  It's submission #2.  I have more to reveal about this piece soon, but I need confirmation first.
Congrats to all who entered, it was a pleasure to read your work.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Kate. Great Job.

    Wow, what competition. (He shakes his head and walks off stage)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Daryl. And congratulations to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I received over 50 submissions in May, so the competition was fierce. You're both deserving writers and I'd love to see you get some attention because of this contest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Gary for your comment and all that you're doing to help other writers. You're the kind of author I aim to be; One that gives back.

    Thanks again

    Daryl

    ReplyDelete